Melorita recognizes the importance of protecting the personal information collected from, and take reasonable steps to maintain the security, integrity and privacy of any information in accordance with this Policy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how We will treat it. By visiting this Site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
- This Policy statement provides information on the obligation and policies of Melorita in respect of your personal information. Melorita undertakes to use reasonable efforts in applying, where practicable, those principles and the processes set out herein to its operations.
- Melorita’s officers, management, and members of staff shall use reasonable endeavours to respect the confidentiality of and keep safe any and all personal information collected and/or stored and/or disclosed and/or used for, or on behalf of, Melorita. Melorita shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that all collection and/or storage and/or disclosure and/or usage of personal information by Melorita shall be done in an appropriate manner and in accordance with the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”) and this Policy.
- By interacting with us, submitting information to us, you agree and consent to Melorita as well as to its respective representatives and/or agents (“Representatives”) collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your personal information, and disclosing such personal information to Melorita’s authorized service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our services, providing us your resume, search for a product/services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, NRIC number, address, email address, age, IP and phone number, occupation and personal description.
Information We collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site We will automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information We receive from other sources. This is information We receive about you if you use any of the other websites We operate or the other services we provide. In this case We will have informed you when We collected that data if We intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this Site. We will also have told you for what purpose We will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when We receive information about you from them and the purposes for which We intend to use that information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services We offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to match your qualification, experience details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and, where you have provided your prior consent as a candidate, to send your personal information to clients in order to apply for jobs for you;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services We feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (email) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where We permit selected third parties to use your data, We (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please drop us an email at email@example.com;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information We collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information We receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information We collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
PARTIES WITH WHOM MELORITA MAY SHARE/DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Third parties in partnership or contractual relationship with Melorita: Melorita has partnered and concluded contracts with third parties, for example, prospective employers, for attaining the purposes described in this Policy. There may be cases where information acquired through the Site is shared with such third parties.
Advertisers: When you are exposed to an advertisement through the Site, Melorita may provide your personal information and information about your engagement with the Site (e.g., whether you viewed, interacted with or requested information about promotional content) to advertisers and their agents or potential advertisers and their agents.
However, We will NEVER provide these advertisers with your personal contact information such as email, phone number or mailing address without your consent.
Melorita’s affiliates: There may be cases where information acquired through the Site is shared with Melorita’s affiliates for attaining the purposes described in this Policy. Furthermore, if Melorita is involved in corporate reorganization, merger, acquisition, asset sales or the like, there may be cases where information acquired through this Site is transferred or shared as a part of such involvement.
POSSIBILITY OF DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Melorita may disclose your personal information to a third party (a) when it is necessary to observe laws and ordinances, (b) when it is necessary to protect a person from death or serious bodily injury, (c) when it is necessary to prevent acts of fraud or abuse against you and Melorita, (d) when it is necessary to protect the ownership of Melorita, (e) when an order is issued by the government or court, (f) when it is necessary to improve public health and promote the sound growth of children, (g) when the information is used as statistical information in which personal information cannot be identified, (h) when the consent of users has been obtained, or (i) when Melorita otherwise determines that the disclosure of information is reasonably necessary.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
Your personal information may be processed by Melorita, its affiliates, agents and third parties providing services to Melorita, in jurisdictions outside of your country. In this event, Melorita will comply with the terms of the Act and will, with all reasonable endeavours, ensure that such affiliates, agents and third parties do the same.
MANAGEMENT METHOD OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Melorita will take necessary and appropriate measures to safely protect your personal information. Furthermore, Melorita will continuously exert efforts to develop functions to safely maintain your personal information; provided, however, that Melorita does not warrant complete security, and will not be liable in any way for any damage caused by the vulnerability of security.
Any changes We make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check this page frequently to view any updates or changes to our Policy.
If you wish to correct, amend or delete your personal information acquired by Melorita, or if you have any inquiries or concerns concerning Melorita, the product and/or service or privacy, please send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: 11 January 2018